Sunday, October 22, 2006

Recent updated

let me update with what i have been doing this october

First of aall...i got a new laptop....and it's a long long story until i made my final decison.

originally, i was going for Dell cause they have such a good deal(plus dell is the only company that offer Cuo Duo 2)...so by the end of september i called to make my order...the lady i talked to had a very strong French Accent (i think the office is in Montreal bah)....so it took us a while to complete the order because i couldn't really understand what she was talking about...

anyway..after i made my order i was constantly checking my online status to keep track of the order process untill i found out something is wrong because afte 5 days my status is still in the 1st phase (there are 5 total)...so i decided to email the lady back and see what's going on...she was on vocation @@...so i have to email another person who she refered in her automatic-reply-email and then that person is out of office as well....i was very pissed so i just deicde to cancel my order because the lack of customer service they have. i also want to change my payment method cause i was gonna use my brother's VISA card...but then i thought it will be more ocnvenient if i can use mine to apply.

oh..and i also found our that Duo Core 2 is not available in North America still November...so even though if i were to order in the beginning of October..i won't get is till novemeber. these dell officer is just so sucky at computer technology..they knew nothing...so..i canceled my order and don't want to "bird" them again.

I applied a visa card and i kept searching until one day my fried showed me the Staple's 15 year annivary sale flyer..and i found this Toshiba Satelite AK9 laptop which is onsale and 400 dollars off...wow..that's a very awesomke...so i went to check it out..found on it's actually a great model...Duo core 2 GHz..15.4 inch wide screen, GEforce 7600 256 mb, 120 GB hardrive, and 1 G ram....since it's 400 dollars off (1600-400=1200)...my heart begin to pump!!! the technician i talked to was very professional compare to dell..and he told me disadvantage of dell service...in additon..his frd who worked in computer technology also suggest me not to go for dell because due to its quality.

i'm more tempting now...so then i went online and check out the same model in other computer store...and that Toshiba AK9 is actually very popular too..and the discount only happen in staples.....so then..i made my final decision...i bought it on the same day...Friday October the 13th!!!!!!

the laptop turned out well..it's faster then my desktop now..(render time increasd 4-5 times faster)...and then i will upgrade my ram when i go back to taiwan this christmas...yeah!!!!

____________________________________________________
I have been working on another show- Skin of our Teeth...it's the fitsr independent production made by UBC students..both MFA and BFA ppl...and my job for this time is follow spot operator..it's a challenged job too because there are a lot of cues so i alsmost have to stand the entire time during the show so i can follow spot on actors.

Comapre to last show...i really enjoy working with the crew members this time : everyone is friendly and since i'm getting more used to the working environemnt...i talked more!!! i also met this 4th year theatre student from Taiwan..so i have someone to accompy with....what's cool about this Guy (name James) is he is a magician...so everyday i get to see many cool tricks ..he is a very cool..and i should introduce him to my frds as well

I finished my last show last night...and i finally completed my Theatre internship hrs fot this term (140 hrs)...huuuuuu.....what a relief!!!! now i can enjoy more time in the evening...i wanna dance so bad...i had to skip two classes because of the show...and i was extremely upset about it.

but now...wuhahahaahahahahaah!!!
_______________________________________
I also start my part time Job next week working on the Ancient Space project i mentioned before....have to get used to the program and start hard working mode right now..wish me luck bah!!!

2 comments:

Lawrence said...

eh? laptop only 400?

Anonymous said...

yo D,
Nice laptop! Intel Duo-core is really cool , eh ? I cant wait to upgrade my computer to total Intel Dual-Core Mac Pro too. We will wait for that when I start working. heh heh

bro